Wells Fargo has joined forces with the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) and its Sharpen Your Financial Focus initiative to bring the Hands on Banking® for Military financial education program to service members in the continental United States. Through more than 600 locations across the country, NFCC’s Member Agencies are available to teach Hands on Banking for Military classes. In addition to the group education designed to keep military personnel and their families on a path to financial stability, more than 2,200 NFCC Certified Consumer Credit Counselors are ready to provide one-on-one personalized financial reviews, budget planning and concrete solutions to pressing financial concerns.
Military and veteran groups wishing to have a representative teach a class, or individuals interested in scheduling a one-on-one financial review with an NFCC Certified Consumer Credit Counselor can contact the NFCC toll free at (855) 3-SHARPEN (855-374-2773).
Call (855) 3-SHARPEN (855-374-2773) or Find an Agency
Brian McCullough, Squadron Commander and Military Affairs Program Manager, Wells Fargo
About the Hands on Banking Program
- Now in their tenth year, the Hands on Banking and El futuro en tus manos programs are free, fun programs that teach people in all stages of life about the basics of responsible money management, including how to create a budget, save and invest, borrow responsibly, buy a home, and establish a small business.
- In October 2012, Secretary of Defense Leon Pannetta stated, “The number one reason people in the service lose their security clearance is because of financial problems and that’s something that we absolutely now have to address. The financial health of our force is absolutely critical to our overall military readiness.”
- In order to meet this vital need, in summer 2013, Wells Fargo launched Hands on Banking for Military to address the financial literacy challenges facing military members, veterans and their families. Hands on Banking for Military is designed to address military members’ unique needs at each stage of their career. The program presents 10 individual lesson topics from the basics of banking to planning for retirement:
- Banking Basics
- Saving Money
- Spending Smart
- All About Credit
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) and Deployment
- Building Wealth
- Buying a Home
- Planning for Retirement
- Career Transition
- Wells Fargo and the NFCC plan to offer Hands on Banking for Military on and near base as well as at their nine banking locations that are on military bases.
- Wells Fargo also has thousands of team members participating in Team Member Networks nationwide. The Veterans’ Team Member Network’s mission is to provide support and financial education to members of the Wells Fargo community who share an interest in veteran matters. Veteran Team Member Network and NFCC Certified Consumer Credit Counselors plan to teach Wells Fargo’s Hands on Banking for Military financial education program.
- Hands on Banking for Military is part of a broader effort supporting military service members and veterans: helping active duty military service members and veterans achieve homeownership, helping veterans transition to civilian careers and providing customized financial education.